Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Prayer Basics Discussion Board 1

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      pastorhelen
      Keymaster

Why is it important for you to praise God for your answers before you see them?

Paste the same submission from the previous step by clicking on the REPLY link just above.

Then scroll down to see your peer submission and click reply to comment on their submissions. You MUST comment on at least one post with a minimum of 200 words by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on Friday, 24 May 2024. Your comments will also be graded.

prettyruth
      Participant

Praise is an act of reverencing God and Praise is the expression of your love to our Father God. It can be done by singing Joyously, shouting aloud at the top of your voice without minding the next person but rather you expect the next person to join in the praise because praise is contagious, praise can also be done by jumping and dancing hilariously that the naturals minds might think you are crazing (is just an act of being foolish for God as you give Him thanks…we owe Him our praise), Praise can also be done in bowing down and prostrating to our Father God, Praise can also be done in waving on of holy hands in an upward manner reverencing God.
      Your act of Praise reviews your love and the depth of your relationship with your Father God. RC2024.

Why should I Praise God for prayers answered before I see the them?

1- Because I believe God’s Word. For God’s Words are His promises to me and they are ye and Amen.

2- Because what I prayed for is in line with God’s Word/Will. That is, I have seen the Word in the Bible and I am standing on the Word found and prayed accordingly to His Word concerning the situation. For God hasten His word to perform it Jeremaih 1:12, Isaiah 55:10. He does not lie.

3- I prayed in the Name of Jesus. The Name of Jesus is the guarantee for answered prayer.

Upon the affirmation of the above statement, it is important to praise God whether you are in the mood or not because Praise is another form of expression of your Faith and Love to God. A perfect example for me why I should Praise God for answered prayer before seeing it physically is that of Paul and Silas in Acts Chapter Sixteen verses Twenty Two to Twenty Seven, they love God, they believe the word of God, and they lived and acted the Word. They understood the Power of Praise…. Knowing the Word is not enough, Living according to the Word is not enough but acting the Word without wavering even when persecuted speaks volume about your Christian faith….. Paul and Silas in the midst of being persecuted for proclaiming the Gospel were locked and changed in a prison. They chose to Praise God instead of seating and waiting for what God will do since they are doing his will. They acted upon the Word even in the adverse situation they’re into. I can only imagine the expressions from other prisoners and the warders as Paul and Silas keep Praising God aloud. That is an affirmation of their faith and expression of their love to God and the miraculous happened.

My praise to God is an affirmation of believing God’s word and His promises towards me which are yes and Amen. I believe that God has answered my prayers because I have prayed in line according to the will of God. Even though I haven’t seen the manifestation physically I’ll Praise God hilariously because I have prayed according to His will in the Word concerning the situation. The Bible says praise God at all times whether you are in the mood or not. Secondly Praise is Ministering to the Lord, while waiting to see the physical manifestation we maintain the attitude of Praise in Ministering to the Lord it bubbles our hearts with joy. The Joy of the Lord is our strength; this is another important reason to praise God as we wait because it strengthens us and keep us in remembrance of the goodness of God for His word to us will never return void. Halleluyah.

In conclusion, It is important we Praise God for our answers before we see them because we believe He has answered. Your Praise is the affirmation of your Faith and in the Word you know. Glory be to God.

EdenSage
        Participant

I agree with you that we should praise God as an act of our faith in him and as an expression of our love for him.

I like the example you gave of Paul and Silas praising God in spite of the situation they were in. I don’t believe they knew they would be “released” that night or even at all because they were locked securely (maximum security prison not behind the counter). Maybe they considered a possibility of their release at some time but I am not sure they knew the grounds will shake and everyone would be free to leave that night (of course they refused to leave secretly).

When we put it in perspective, we see the power of what happened within those walls that night. Paul and Silas were not exactly praising God because they wanted to be released but in the middle of praising God, an answer that was far beyond their imaginations, manifested.

For me, this emphasises the point in the lesson that my praise should not be saved or preserved for a future time, date or event. It also highlights for me that God knows the intricacies of my heart better than what I imagine them to be. He is able to do exceedingly far above all that I can think or even ask (Ephesians 3:20). He knew why things had to play out the way they did that night in the prison. Maybe it was for the salvation of the jailer. Whatever the case, God knows how and when “my answer” should manifest. And so, I MUST trust him and because of my love for him, I do not insist on a pattern for my answers. Same way he will not insist on sending me a manifestation that I do not desire (1 Corinthians 13:4). My praise is an expression of my acknowledgement of his sovereignty.

Also, I cannot afford to preserve my praise for later. I MUST praise God now in spite of how I feel because faith is NOW! If truly he inhabits my praise (Psalm 22:3), then my praise brings him on the scene of things and when he shows up, things align for my good.
        I am just thoroughly blessed by your response. Thank you.

saysay
          Participant

NAME: Sarah Ajakaiye
          COURSE: PRAYER BASIC- PB – 205 – LC
          LECTURERS: PASTOR NKECHI & PASTOR SOLA
          QUESTION: WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU SEE THEM?

WHAT IS PRAISE?
          Praise is the expression of approval or admiration for someone or something. Expression of respect and gratitude as an act of worship (Oxford Dictionary).
          Praise is lifting God. It is a joyful recounting of what God has done for us. Praise and thanksgiving go hand-in-hand. It is offering appreciation for who He is. Praise is the acknowledgment of God’s wonderful, righteous deed (Psalm 18”3).
          I used to have a younger sister with Down syndrome. At that time, whenever my mother bought her something from the market, she would jump from her seat and scream Mummy! Mummy!! Thank! Thank you!!, and be mothering words which we don’t hear clearly. Sometimes she bursts into songs, and my mum will be excited and sometimes start crying. When we ask her why she is crying, she will say it’s the way she expresses the joy of receiving the gift. On other days, when she returns from the market with nothing, she will still chant the mummy thing! In expectation. That trill my mum and that makes her keep buying things for her to our envy. If praise is this important to humans how much more God?
          Praise is the demonstration of an unwavering belief in God’s goodness and power, even amidst trials and tribulations. You shift your focus from the challenges you are facing to the goodness of God, finding comfort, hope, and renewed strength in His promises.
          Your praise aligns your heart with God’s and find solace as you wait. Through praise, you can experience the transformative power of faith and witness how God works wonders when it looks like there’s no hope. You stir God through praise because God will always do what He has promised. 2 Chronicles 20:15-22.
          God takes pleasure in our praise. Pastor Charles said in one of His messages, that you put God in a state of “scenty”. God inhabits the praise of His people Psalm 22:3.
          Andrew Wommack in his book “Effect of Praise” says living a life of praise is not only the most enjoyable way to live, but it’s also one of the most powerful ways to challenge your life. Praise isn’t like the caboose {slang} that just follows what happens but it’s more like the engine of a train that makes things happen. Your faith is incomplete without praise. Colossians 2:6-7. You don’t only walk in faith, see that it ends in thanksgiving. When you operate in praise and thanksgiving, it removes your attention from the problems and causes your faith to overflow.
          When you praise you create an atmosphere for what He has said. God told Abraham, that He would be the father of many nations according to what God had said. (Romans 4: 17-20). Abraham believed in God against all odds. Abraham rendered sacrifices unto God while he waited. He stood on the integrity of god’s word. Praise is the last test of your miracle. However, praise is a hard form of faith as you wait for the manifestation. Psalm 34:1.
          Your faith appropriates and takes possession of what Jesus has already done. Your praise will cause your faith to thrive if you know that praise is born out of a relationship. As a result, you want to know more about God and His goodness.
          Praise redirects your attention towards God and it’s going to build your faith to receive the expected answer.
          In conclusion, praise is an integral part of prayer. The Bible made us to understand that you can pray amidst James 4:3 but you cannot praise amidst. When you praise God, it will cause you to focus on God more and what God has to say concerning that expectation(s), the Word is so good. During praise is when you put your gaze on God’s Word, the Word is the factor that can make you wait or go through things.

OnyemaChika
            Participant

Reply to Sarah Ajakaiye

I agree that praise is the expression of approval or admiration for someone or something. Also expression of respect and gratitude as an act of worship (Oxford Dictionary).

You mentioned shifting your focus from the challenges you are facing to the goodness of God, praise helps align your heart with God’s and find solace as you wait. With praise you get to the heart of God as David us to, that caught God’s attention and God called him a friend after his heart because He inhabits in the praise of his people.

Yes, as you mention Andrew Wommack in his book “Effect of Praise” says living a life of praise is not only the most enjoyable way to live, but it’s also one of the most powerful ways to challenge your life, for instance when you are faced with a life-threatening situation, I think the only way to come out of it, is through praise because praise tends towards faith to believe that it is done.

You also talked about creating an atmosphere for what he has said, faith born out of praise appropriates and takes possession of what Jesus has already done.

Finally, praise aligns our minds toward God and his word as we face life’s challenges.

saysay
        Participant

My name is Sarah (say say). My reply to Ruth.
        You have done great. I can feel you. Already in the mood for praise. Indeed, God’s greatness and the efficacy of His power were made manifest in the praise of Paul and Silas. Funny enough, the loudness of the praise, the earthquake, and all the natural disasters did not affect or wake the jailer until victory was sure. Verse 27 of Acts 16 you quoted, it says, “And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open…..”(NKJV), NIV says “The jailer woke up”. That means in some situations, the enemy will be asleep while God is doing His “thing”. Hallelujah! I am getting excited here. You equally said when we praise You are aware, God is aware and the enemy is aware. Unfortunately, in this matter, the devil was put out of the equation.
        In verse 25 of the same scripture, let us know that when the manifestation of God wants to take place God can engage you at any time. Paul and Silas who were in chains and pain don’t have reasons whatsoever to praise God. That go to teach us that no matter how dark, and messy the situation may seem, Praise can unravel it.
        I was in a praise mood as I was reading through you write up. Hearing from God is key as far as praise is concerned. Like the Testimony Pastor Nkechi shared about her daughter Cloe when she was taking this topic. She heard in her spirit, just start praising me. Baby came back to life. End of doctor’s report.

Amotsuka Caleb
        Participant

Indeed, our praise to God before we see the answers to our prayers is a demonstration that we believe what He has said to us. In the natural when someone makes a promise to us, if the person is someone we know is able to fulfill that promise and we trust the persons character to keep their word, we begin to rejoice and make plans based on the promise. If you are given an employment letter, even before you resume work, you immediately start planning on how to spend the first salary. This is because you trust the contract that was given to you. We should have the same behavior when it comes to God. When we pray according to His will, we must have the utmost confidence that He has heard and answered us and begin to rejoice and make plans like it is already in our hands. If a company will not fail in their contract, God will never fail in His covenant which is much stronger.

Soton Iselobhor
        Participant

While I find some salient points in your discussion, that attempt to answer the question of the importance of praising God for answers before we see them, I am constrained to notice that for the most part, you seemed to be giving justifications for praising in advance rather than projecting the importance. I will try to convey my thoughts by considering your points closely.

Your first point says “Because I believe God’s Word, For God’s Words are His promises to me and they are ye and Amen.”
        This comes across to me as an answer to a question like “Why do you praise God for your answers before you see them”. You are very right if you say that praising God in advance is a direct offshoot of believing in God’s Word but to say that it is the reason why praising God in advance is important does not quite seem fitting in my opinion.

Your second point says, “Because what I prayed for is in line with God’s Word/Will…”.
        Again, I am of the opinion that this does not answer the question posed to us. On the contrary, this second response is best suited for a justification for praising God in advance and an expression of why the believer has the right and confidence to praise God before the answers are manifest.

In the same vein, I do not agree that your third point which states thus “I prayed in the Name of Jesus. The Name of Jesus is the guarantee for answered prayer”, is a fitting response for the question before us.

I believe the word “importance” in that question is the clincher. So that what is expected is an explanation of the advantages of praising God for your answers before you see them.

prettyruth
          Participant

oh thank🙏 you Sister just my response.

Praise is an affirmation of your faith and faith in the Word of God you know builds you up and keep you standing without wavering to a higher realm of Praise even when the situation seems very dark and that was why i used the example of Paul and Silas, the walls of Jericho….

Yes I used the Name of Jesus here because when you have a personal revelation about That Name JESUS, you take advantage of the name for your miracle in Praise and this begath(excuse my KJV English) the genesis of my number one point “Because you believe God’s Word; that is, I have read and found/know God’s Word concerning that situation before praying”

and my number two point “Because what I prayed for is inline with God’s Word/will; that is, you know you are not praying offpoint, you are sensitive to note you are praying God’s will for that situation at the moment in accordance to his word”

and thirdly, because of your personal revelation in the Name of Jesus, you seal your prayer up at the pronouncement of That Name Jesus. You believed your prayers had been answered even when you have not seen the manifestation…then you keep enjoying in the presence Praise and Thanksgiving in Christ Jesus.

Praise is an act of FAITH.
          Your Faith begins were the will of God in known.

Praise is another highest form in receiving from God whether you know the Word or not because God reaches everyone of us according to the level of our understanding at the moment. Your genuine Praise to God will charge the atmosphere for you and turn things around supernaturally for our good even to the things that we have not prayed for. God is always ahead perfecting everything that concerns us and our Praise can be a trigger.

Thank you ma’am🙏 Sister Soton for your points of view, we are in School and I am learning, we keep learning progressively. May the eyes of our understanding continually be enlightened in Jesus Name. Amen 🙌 Glory to God.

EdenSage
      Participant

The words translated praise in the bible mean to shine, to boast and thus be clamourously foolish, to make clear, to rave as in talk wildly as if possessed with something and to commend and it is often used in the sense of rejoicing and celebration.
      It is important to praise God before the answers manifest physically for the following reasons:

1. Praise is an expression of Faith. Hebrews 11:1 tells us that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. In other words, faith is evidence that you have what you have not yet seen. Usually, a person would offer praise (commendation, boasting, celebration) when they have received a physical manifestation of their desires. In such an instance, the physical eyes can see the manifestation, the hands can hold the manifestation, the physical senses are excited because of a positive outcome. However, it is unusual to offer praises when the senses have not been “satisfied”. Afterall, what if what you have asked for does not come? Therefore, offering praise to God is an expression of faith because it says that though the physical senses have not experienced the answer yet, your spiritual senses have and it is only a matter of time before those answers will appear. Praising God is an expression of our full conviction that he will do it and he has done it.

2. Praise keeps us in remembrance: In spite of our feelings or the oppositions we may face, when we choose to make clear the goodness of God and his unending supply of favour towards us, through our praise, we also are reminded of testimonies from similar events. We are reminded of how he delivered us, provided, healed us in the past and how he continues to bless us. Our praise reminds us of the faithfulness of God and inspires us to trust him completely. (Psalms34, John 16:33, Philippians 4:6&7).

3. Praise keeps God in remembrance: According to Isaiah 43:22-26, we see that the people had neglected their offerings (praise) unto God and God asked them to state their case that they may be acquitted. Of course, as New Testament believers we know that it is through the sacrifice of Jesus that we are even considered as partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light (1Peter 3:18, Colossians 1:12, Ephesians 3:6) and that there is no higher sacrifice by which men shall be saved. Therefore, as we praise God and make clear all that he has graciously released to us through Christ, in a sense, God is “reminded” and obligated to do us good. Our covenant with God through Christ is an assurance that we will have what we ask. This assurance is enough reason to praise him in advance as we profess our oneness with God. (John 16:24, Psalms 84:11, 1 Corinthians 6:17, 2 Timothy 2:13).

4. Praise magnifies and affirms the supremacy of God: Praise speaks of what God has done and who he is to us. As we praise God, we make clear to ourselves the sovereignty of God and his mighty power. A revelation of who God is, brings a peace and assurance that he is able to do all things. (Psalms 100:4&5, Psalm 136, Jer 32:27, Philippians 4:6&7, Luke 1:37)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by EdenSage.
        Nnachi
        Participant

My Response
        I want to appreciate you for the efforts you made in respect of this assignment. However, I have my reservations as highlighted forthwith.
        There is no biblical reference to back up your definition of praise; as I do not fine the said definition in alignment with validated ones and those variously put forward by almost all. Again, in your number one, you seem to be laying emphasis on faith than on praise; because you went forward to define faith suggests this assertion.
        In the same vein, it appears you are still in the mood of the step of the earlier assignment of four advantages of New Testament and Old Testament saint prayer stuff. It is clear, we are no longer, in that regime.
        Fundamentally, the question is about why praise God, why you are to yet see or receive the answers to your prayer or requests. Going by your dispositions, it seems to me that you were only interested in the importance of praise and not why profess Him before the thing you are asking for reaches your hands. I stand to be corrected.
        This takes us to the concluding part. Because of the above observed flaws the conclusion was shaky and unavailable.
        NKI

prettyruth
      Participant

Glory to God 🙌 awesome! Let me comment on your number one point. Praise is an expression of Faith.

Our praises is born out of our faith in God, and this act shows the utmost believe and firm assurance in His Word concerning us.
      This is an assurance concerning God’s word to us. ‭Hebrews 13:5b AMPC‬….
      ; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] [Josh. 1:5&6]

How do you start Praising God victoriously in the midst of deathly or dangerous situations like Paul and Silas in the prison and the Israelites matching round the walls of Jericho with their trumpets Praising God. It looks foolish and doesn’t make sense but they are acting the Word and being obedient to God’s instruction.
      Hebrews 11:1 CEB‬
      [1] Faith is the reality of what we hope for, the proof of what we don’t see.

Our Praises to God before the physical manifestation could also be an act of obedience to God because it will definitely win Souls to Christ… Which means the Great commission is being achieved. We should be intentional about our Praises to God anywhere and anytime.

Our personal revelation about God will trigger our Praise to God and our Praises to God will bring forth a great miracle.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by prettyruth.
      Gloriatorunarigha
      Participant

Why is it important to praise God for your answers before you see them?

Praise is declaring the truth about who God is, what he has done, or what he has promised to do. To praise is to make known the wonderful name of the LORD and parade his deeds with unmatched fanfare, Psalms 50:23
      [23]Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

When you declare who God is, you affirm his identity. As you do, your countenance will rise and you will be reminded of the limitless love of our Father. Your situation may be bleak but praising God will call your soul to attention.

When you praise God even before you see the answers you are affirming his deeds that God is at work more than you know because What you need is not only for God to do more, but for you to see more of what He has already done. Praise helps you do that.

When you declare what God has promised to do, you affirm his promises. God is looking for people who will stand on his promises regardless of what they do not see. This is living by faith, not by sight. When you trust God, it gives him glory.
      A biblical character who praised was David the psalmist, he praised God at all times, sometimes even before the manifestation. In
      Psalm 42:5-6 he said: “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again—my Savior and my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you” (NLT). No wonder God calls him a man after his heart.
      Great things happen when you praise :
      Praise changes the spiritual climate,
      When you’re in a bad mood, begin praising God You’ll be amazed at how the atmosphere changes. When Paul and Silas were in prison, they praised God and an earthquake freed them (Acts 16.25). A downer turned into deliverance.
      Praise fulfills your primary purpose as a created being
      After Jesus performed miracles, the crowd began praising God,The Pharisees wanted to rebuke them, but Jesus said, “If these [people] become silent, the stones will cry out!” (Luke 19.40) It is primal for creation to praise the Creator. If we don’t then we are not having that Intimacy with our father God.

Florence Oribhabor
      Participant

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU SEE THEM

Praise according to lexoton means to shine to be boastful, to glorify.
      One of the ways you can glorify God is through praise. The most essential element we need in every kind of conversation with God is faith. Our praise life is closely connected to our faith life because;
      1. Praise is an expression of your faith to God. This is a deliberate decision of faith you make targeting your attention primarily towards God, Psalm 50:23 when certain thing happen in your live sometimes, you suddenly respond with a song, how much more you are trusting God for something. Many times we don’t just feel like, due to circumstances, schedule which may just be alive and want to eat you up. But we are spirit, we already have everything in us to be a praiser which we are, nothing can be added to the spirit, all we need is to trigger our mind to align with our Spirit.
      2. Praise speaks of the power of God, to all who will hear. The subject of true praise is the power, the wholesomeness, the goodness, the ability of God. Praise affect the hearer. God hears our praise in heaven, inspiring us to praise Him because when we praise Him, He changes our focus.
      3. Praise help you to remember the faithfulness of God. When you have the habit of praise you remember where you have been and where you are now. It gives you faith to rely on Him and assured you that He’s still with you.
      4. Praise work hand in hand with offering, praise does not hold back from its source of blessings because praise understands that the source can never run dry. The sacrifice of praise is accompany with sacrifice of thanksgiving offering given to God out of pure undiluted gratitude,. God has everything as we praise Him, He give it back to us.
      5. Praise assures you of the continued goodness of God. Praise affirm the supremacy and Lordship of God and keeps Him in control of every day existence, those praise produce assurance of the fullness of the goodness of God, so your life will experience superior life through praising and glorifying Him

Benny4real
      Participant

NAME: Owhondah Ugochi Benedicta
      COURSE TITLE: Prayer Basics
      LECTURERS: Pastor Nkechi Ene (Mrs.) and Pastor Sola Akinwale

Praising God should be a lifestyle for the believer. God’s praises must continually be in our mouths. Before we think to worry, we should first Praise God for all He has already done and all He can and will do. The importances of praising God before your answers cannot be overemphasized, because they are a lot. But I will mention as many as I can in this assignment

1) Praise is the Language of Faith:
      Praise is the language of faith. Praise is an act of faith; it is the evidence that proves that we’re in faith. When we praise, we express our faith in God. You cannot have faith, fear and worry in your life at the same time. It’s either one or the other. When we praise God even though we haven’t seen a tangible manifestation of our prayers we have shown unwavering faith. We praise God before we see our miracles. Faith is our lifestyle.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)
      For we walk by faith, not by sight

Praise receives the answers to our prayers. Prayer asks but faith takes. Praise exclaims gratitude and thanksgiving. It says “Thank You, Father, for the answer! It’s mine. I have it now.” We cannot tell the story of faith and praise without speaking of Father Abraham. His Faith in God was outstanding. His story is marked with faith and praise.

Romans 4:18-25 (NKJV)
      20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,

From the Strong’s Concordance, the Word “Glory” according to Romans 4:20 is the Greek word “Doxa” which means Praise, worship, honor, dignity, etc. The focus is the meaning “Praise”. A story of faith would not be complete without praise. Faith believes and praise receives.
      How about Jesus who is God Himself? He always gave thanks whenever He wanted to perform a miracle, He understood the principle of Praise and faith. When He fed the Five Thousand
      Matthew 14:13-21 (NKJV)
      19 Then He commanded the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples and the disciples gave to the multitudes.
      From the Strong’s Concordance, the word “Blessed” is the Greek word “Eulogeo” which means bless, to speak well of, praise. This simply means that your Praise seals your faith. Therefore, we ought to always give thanks to God.

2) Praise Assures Us of the Continued Goodness of God:
      When we praise God, we affirm His supremacy and Lordship in our lives, and we keep Him in control of our everyday existence. God is sovereign and His sovereignty is for good. God is excited when we trust that He is good.

Psalm 100:4-5 (NKJV)
      4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name.
      5 For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.

God’s glory (Doxa) is tied to His goodness, and God’s goodness is tied to His name, which reveals His character Therefore, praise produces an assurance of a future filled with the goodness of God. God desires to give us all we could ever ask for if only we.

Exodus 33:19a (NKJV)
      Then He said, “I will make My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you

3) Praise Speaks of the Power of God to all who will hear / It paves the way for God’s power to be displayed:
      Praising God displays His power, awesomeness and ability. When we praise God, we speak of what He has done, what He will do and what He can do. We give others hope when we maintain an attitude of praise and thanksgiving no matter the circumstance. It is good to praise the Lord and tell of His goodness because those around us will hear as well.
      Praise affects the hearers.
      a) The listening unbeliever: We can evangelize unbelievers through our praise
      Acts 16:25-34 (NKJV)
      25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them
      30 And he brought them out and said “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
      Paul and Silas reached out to the keeper of the prison through their praise, and he was saved.
      b) The listening believer: We can encourage and inspire others through our praise
      c) You, the one praising: We get inspired ourselves when we praise.
      2 Samuel 6:14
      14 Then David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was wearing a line ephod
      d) The enemies of God: The enemies of God are sickness, poverty, depression, confusion, any appearance of evil and their master. The enemies themselves quit because of your praise.
      The walls of Jericho. Even the enemies of God hear our praises. (Joshua 6:1-27)
      e) God: God is excited when He hears us praise (Psalm 50:23)

4) Praise Does Not Let One Forget (Leaving no room for negativity and complaining)
      When praise becomes a habit, you become more conscious of all God has already done for you and less worried about the answers you haven’t seen. This gives you an attitude of gratitude while you wait on God.
      Psalms 103:2-4
      2 Bless the Lord, O my soul. And forget not all His benefits, 3 who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies.
      We have a constant reminder, that what God has done before He can do again. We are reminded that He knows all that concerns us and can take care of all that burdens us.

5) Praise Magnifies God Above All Else:
      There is power in acknowledging the hand of God in our lives. God wants to have first place in our lives. When we praise God amid chaos, we show Him how important He is to us. God desires our whole heart. He longs for us to know the power of His presence in our lives.
      As we praise God as Creator and King, we admit and recognize that we’re not in control, but He is. He is above all (Psalms 95:2-3, 35:18).

Ezeonugo02
        Participant

Name: Ezeonugo ijeoma chika
        I totally agree with your points above, This shows that the power behind praising God before we receive or answer is a concept believers needs to incorporate more in their daily lives , I also want to add a little more voice on points 3 and 4
        3. Praise Speaks of the Power of God to all who will hear / It paves the way for God’s power to be displayed:
        it shows the listening believers that there is power in our praising God especially when those believer knows what we are passing through yet they see our lips filled with praises. But for the unbelievers it brings them to know more about the power of God.
        Paul and Silas in Acts 16:22-34 (NKJV) were beaten and scorned before the whole nation and put in bonds for preaching the word of God, the normal response would have been negativity, regret, even blaming God, instead they prayed and praise God in such a way others heard them.
        Also another thing worthy of note is that the effect of miracle spread and affected everyone in the prison, their chains were broken and doors open ( Vs 26 ), and I strongly believed that not only the jailer and his household (Vs 34) was converted, other prisoners who saw this miracle first hand will also desire it’s source.

4 Praise Does Not Let One Forget (Leaving no room for negativity and complaining)
        We praise God for what he has done in the past, just like you pointed out when this becomes a habit you spend less time focusing on your problems or even speaking or meditating on the problems because you can’t speak and think at same time (2 Corinthians 10:5, proverbs 23:7)
        David was a praiser who never forgets God past faithfulness in his life (Psalm 46, 42:11, 56:3-5) he consciously remember all his past victories and it gives him the strength to believe God for more victories.

saysay
        Participant

MY REPLY TO BENEDICTA
        I must say that you have done well in your response to the importance of praise you expect answers. The one that excites me the most is that praise is the language of faith. And the Bible says “faith without works is dead” works is present tense which implies Now. Because faith is now automatically praise is now. Hence, I feel you said praise is a life style. I agree with you.
        Andrew Wommack said in his book, “Effect of Praise”, that praise is a way of enjoying life. Anything you do as a life style is meant to be enjoyable so, praise is enjoyment. It’s enjoyment because you are enjoying it, and God is enjoying it. Psalm 149:4-6.
        BENEFITS THE OF LANGUAGE OF FAITH (LIFE STYLE PRAISE):
        1. It causes your circumstances to change.
        2. You don’t only walk in faith you see that it ends in thanksgiving.
        3. As you operate in praise and thanksgiving, it will cause your faith to abound or overflow.
        4. Your faith appropriates and take possession of what Jesus has already done.
        Colossians 2:6-7.
        5. It runs off the devil and make the devil to lose.
        6. Praise redirect you focus.
        7. Praise ministers to God.
        8. Praise builds our relationship with God.
        9. You become an evangelist because you want to let people know about the goodness of God Psalm 107:8
        10. Praise helps you to disregard difficult times rather it enables you walk over it.
        I conclude by saying, praise is a hard form of faith as you wait for the manifestation. If you engage Psalm 34:1 “ I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will continually be in my mouth”, you will not only receive the waited answer, you will live a victorious life and a praise life style.

obiamonu
        Participant

I love the example given in Matthew 14:17-21 NKJV, where we find the well-known account of Jesus feeding the five thousand with just five loaves of bread and two fish. This passage is not only a testament to Jesus’ miraculous power but also an important lesson on the significance of praise, gratitude, and faith in the life of a believer.

Before the miracle took place, Jesus took the loaves and fish, looked up to heaven, and gave thanks and blessed God. By giving thanks and praise, Jesus demonstrated several key principles:

1. Recognition of God’s Provision: Jesus’ act of Praise and thanksgiving acknowledged that all provision comes from God. Despite the seemingly inadequate resources, Jesus expressed gratitude, showing trust in God’s ability to provide abundantly.

2. Faith in Action: Jesus’ act of giving thanks and paise before the miracle demonstrated faith. He praised God for what was to come, setting an example that faith is not just believing after seeing, but believing in advance and trusting in God’s provision and timing.

3. Teaching the Disciples: By giving thanks and praise, Jesus also taught His disciples an important lesson in faith and gratitude. The disciples saw scarcity, but Jesus saw an opportunity for God’s glory to be revealed. This encouraged them to trust in God’s provision beyond their immediate understanding and resources.

The Miracle and Its Implications

This miracle illustrates several profound truths
        1. The Power of Gratitude: Thanksgiving and praise are powerful acts of faith that align us with God’s will and open the door for His blessings. Jesus’ thanksgiving was not merely a ritual but a profound acknowledgment of God’s provision.

2. Abundance in God’s Kingdom: The leftover baskets signify that God’s provision exceeds our needs. When we trust in Him and act in faith, He provides not just enough, but abundantly more than we can imagine.

3. Model for Believers: Jesus serves as the ultimate role model for believers. His life and actions consistently pointed to a deep reliance on and relationship with the Father. By following His example of gratitude and faith, believers can experience the fullness of God’s blessings in their lives.

Application for Believers
        Practice Gratitude: Regularly give praise for what you have, no matter how insufficient it may seem. Gratitude is a powerful act of faith that can transform our perspective and open us up to God’s provision.

– Exercise Faith: Trust in God’s ability to provide and act in faith, even when circumstances seem challenging. Remember that God’s resources are limitless, and His timing is perfect.

– Emulate Jesus: Make Jesus your role model. His life of gratitude, prayer, and faith is the blueprint for a fulfilled and abundant spiritual life. By following His example, you align yourself with God’s will and open your life to His miracles.

In conclusion, Matthew 14:17-21 is a profound passage that teaches the importance of gratitude and faith. Jesus’ act of giving thanks before the miracle of feeding the five thousand serves as a powerful example for believers to follow. By practicing gratitude and exercising faith, we align ourselves with God’s will and open our lives to His abundant provision.

Ezeonugo02
      Participant

Name: Ezeonugo Ijeoma Chika.
      Course: Prayer Basic PB 205 LC.
      Topic: why is it important for you to praise God for your answers before you see them

What is praise: it is a joyful recounting of what God has done for us and is doing in our life. Praising God is expressing gratitude to Him. Praise is also expressed with enthusiasm and exuberance.
      REASONS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR ANSWER BEFOR YOU SEE THEM ARE:-
      1. It is a demonstration of your faith.
      2. It boosts/builds your faith level.
      3. It shifts our focus from ourselves and situations back to God.
      4. It shows that you understand his character,
      5. It makes us carriers of testimonies and it gives glory to God.

1. It is a demonstration of faith (2 Chronicles 20 :1- 22, Mark 11:24).
      Praising God in advance is a demonstration of your faith, it shows that you are stepping out of your comfort zone into that realm of faith.
      Praise is verbalized faith in action, it releases God’s Power to work on our behalf, real faith is revealed by what you do after you have prayed (Jam 2 v 20,26). It’s easier to give thanks after you have seen the physical manifestation than to give thanks before you see anything. It shows you are walking by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5 vs 7), when we praise God in advance, it shows that we know we have our answer (1 john 5: 14 – 15).
      King Jehoshaphat demonstrated his faith by praising God on the battle field and God came through for him (2 chronicle 20 :18 -22).

2. It boosts/builds your faith level. (Roman 4: 20 to 21)
      Praising God in advance builds our faith because faith comes by hearing (Romans 10: 17). As you hear yourself praise God before your prayer is manifested, you are declaring a deeper trust; you’re adding to your faith and increasing your certainty in what God has already declared about that desire.
      Faith is made strong in an atmosphere of praise. So, to boost your faith, you need to praise God for his past faithfulness upon your life because when you give God praise, it gives you strength, keeps you moving forward and encourages you to keep believing that what He promised will surely come to pass.

Abraham waited 25 years for the fulfillment of God’s promise, he never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises (Romans 4:20-21, TLB).
      when you praise God in advance for the answer, it not only waters the seed sown in prayers but it keeps your faith alive and strong.

3. It shifts our focus from ourselves and situations back to God (Romans 4: 18 – 21 TLB. Philippians 4: 6 -7)
      When you praise God in advance, it helps you to stay watchful and keeps you in a sensitive or alert mood, therefore there is no room for complaining. or making negative statement that can hold your blessings. We tend to be engrossed with our problems when praying, but through praise, we’re focused on Him, and our emotions is subdued.

4. It shows that you understand his character
      When we praise God for answers before we see them, it shows that we understand God’s character and who he is because two big aspects of God’s character are his faithfulness and his goodness. And whenever we can say thank you for those things before we see them come to pass, it indicates that we know he is Good and faithful (James 1 vs17) and that we recognized that he had done it before and we know he will still do it again, because he is the same God yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13: 8) and if he has made a promise to us, he will always come through and we can take his word to the bank.

5. It makes us carriers of testimonies and it gives glory to God (acts 16: 25 -34)
      Not only is praising God beneficial to us, it can also encourage others. Our faithfulness or endurance, regardless of the circumstances, can be a powerful testimony that edifies people around us.
      When we patiently praise God while waiting for answers and not complaining we becomes testimonies to people who only saw us praising God and never knew we were passing through challenges and thereby helping others build their faith.

Benny4real
        Participant

These points are very relatable. But what caught my attention the most, was your third point which talks about shifting our focus from ourselves and the situation and putting it back on God. You talked about sensitivity; you said praise helps one stay watchful and keeps you in a sensitive or alert mood.
        This is worthy of note because our sensitivity to the things of God shows our level of maturity in our Christian Walk. (Rom 8:14) It is very easy to forget and fix one’s gaze on all that is going on around you, it takes sensitivity and discipline to stay focused on God. What God has already said to you through His word, through your Pastor and even your brother or sister in Christ (RHEMA). As believers, we are all at different stages of our Christian Walk, but there’s one thing we know, we have a RHEMA word from God to carry us through these seasons, through these storms.
        If we are not sensitive to the impulses of the Holy Spirit, we would easily miss out on the things God has for us. Some people go as far as saying, God, please give me a sign and then I will believe, Gideon for example (Judges 6:36-40).
        God works miracles but He is no magician. The devil looks out for ways daily to distract us from the promises of God and put us in a circle of worrying and complaining. When we praise God, we do not give the enemy the opportunity to mess with us. When he expects us to worry, complain or cry, we are singing praises to God and dancing with joy in our hearts. This does not relate to others, but we believers know that we walk by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:17) The mature sons and daughters are moved by the impulses of the spirit and not the situations and circumstances surrounding them. When we develop an habit of praise, our sensitivity to the things of God are heightened.

obiamonu
      Participant

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU SEE THEM?
      The act of expressing approval or admiration, known as praise, is significant in acknowledging God’s blessings even before they are realized. In the New Testament, the Greek word for praise is “épainos,” Strongs Greek 1868, which encompasses the genuine expression of admiration, commendation, or approval for someone or something. This involves being thankful for God’s blessings and declaring this gratitude to God, to the hearing of others, our situations, and even to ourselves. As believers, we have the confidence and boldness to approach God, knowing that our requests are heard and answered. Praise serves as a powerful force, capable of breaking chains and opening doors in our lives.

Here are some reasons why we must praise God for answers before seeing them:

1. Faith and Trust: Praising God in advance demonstrates faith and trust that He will provide the right answers or outcomes. It’s an act of surrender, acknowledging that we don’t have all the answers but believe that God does. Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV) highlights the active trust we place in God’s plans and goodness. Ephesians 3:20 (NKJV) states, “Now to him who can do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.” Our praise is an expression of trust and faith in God to answer in ways that exceed human reasoning. 1 John 5:14 (NKJV) says, “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.” Trusting that God hears and answers our prayers is an act of faith. Faith and trust go hand in hand. As we stand on faith, our hearts overflow with gratitude while we wait to see God’s answers to prayer. Despite enduring immense suffering and loss, Job remained faithful and praised God. In the end, his prayers were answered as God restored his fortunes and blessed him abundantly (Job 42:10-17NKJV).
      2. Gratitude: Praising God in advance expresses gratitude for His goodness and provision. Even before seeing the results, believers’ express thankfulness for His faithfulness. Throughout the Psalms, David often praised God before and after his prayers were answered. For instance, in Psalm 34:1 NKJV, he declares, “I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips”.
      3. Powerful witness: Praising God in advance can act as a powerful witness to unbelievers. An example of this is found in (Acts 16:25-34NKJV). The story of Paul and Silas, after being publicly humiliated, beaten, and thrown into prison, chose to pray and sing praises to God at midnight. Their act of Praise had a profound impact: suddenly, there was a great earthquake that shook the prison’s foundations, opening all the doors and loosening everyone’s bands. The jailer, fearing the prisoners had escaped, was about to take his own life, but Paul stopped him. Instead of fleeing, Paul and Silas stayed, and the jailer asked them how to be saved. They shared the message of Jesus Christ, and the jailer and his household believed and were baptized. It’s a powerful example of how praising God even in difficult circumstances can lead to transformation and salvation. Paul and Silas’s praise session led to a miraculous event, symbolizing the transformative power of praising God before God delivered them.

4. Deliverance: Offering praise to God in advance has the power to usher in deliverance. For instance, imagine someone facing a challenging situation, like a difficult exam or a medical diagnosis. Rather than succumbing to fear or despair, they choose to praise God beforehand, trusting in His ability to guide them through. This act of faith can lead to unexpected breakthroughs, such as receiving unexpected clarity during the exam or experiencing a miraculous healing. By praising God in advance, individuals affirm their belief in His sovereignty and open themselves up to His transformative power in their lives.
      A good example can also be seen in the book of 2 Chronicles 20:21-25NKJV. King Jehoshaphat and Judah went out against the enemy, the armies of Ammonites, Moabites, and the people of Mount Seir. These enemies of Judah had banded together against Judah. From the natural standpoint, Jehoshaphat didn’t have enough men or an army big or strong enough to withstand these enemy forces. When the children of Israel began to sing and praise God, God did something! That’s when God’s power was manifested, and the enemy was defeated!
      In summary, praising God before answers are received reflects faith, gratitude, positivity, and a strengthened spiritual bond. It’s a transformative practice that aligns our hearts with His will and invites His blessings into our lives.

Florence Oribhabor
      Participant

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO PRAISE GOD FOR YOUR ANSWERS BEFORE YOU SEE
      One of the ways we can glorify God is through praise. The most essential element we need in every kind of conversation with God is faith. Our praise life is closely connected to our faith life because:
      1. Praise is an expression of our faith in God. This is a deliberate decision of faith you make targetinsg your attention primarily towards God, offering praise is the way of offering your lifestyle and your life will line up if you are a person of faith. Psalm 50:23 when certain thing happen in our lives sometimes, we suddenly respond with a song, how much more when we are trusting God for something.. Moreso we are spirit, we already have every thing in us to be a praiser which we are, nothing can be added to the spirit, all we need is a trigger to help our mind align with the Spirit.
      2. Praise speaks of the power of God to all who will hear. The subject of true praise is the power, the wholesomeness, the goodness, the ability of God. Praise affect the hearer. God hears our praise in heaven, inspiring us to praise Him because when we praise Him, He changes our focus. The believers and unbelievers hears our praise even the enemy of God hear our praise, receive their quite notice and begin to submit.
      3. Praise helps us to remember the faithfulof God. When you have the habit of praise, you remember where your have been and where you are now. As you praise Him you remember that He is Jehovah Rapha, my healer, , it give you faith to rely more on Him and it assured you that He is still with you. He will never live you nor forsake you
      4. Praise work hand in hand with offering, praise does not hold back from its source of blessings because praise understands that the source never run dry. The sacrifice of praise is accompany with sacrifice of thanksgiving offering given to God out of pure undiluted gratitude, other offering that accompany praise could be faith offering which are seed. God has everything as we praise Him, He give it back to us.
      5. Praise assures you of the continued goodness of God. Praise affirm the supremacy and Lordship of God and keeps Him in control of every day existence, those praise produce assurance of the fullness of the goodness of God, so your life will experience superior life through praising and glorifying Him

Florence Oribhabor
      Participant

Praise God forever.
      My response to your point that praise can be done by singing, shouting at the top of your voice without minding the next person. Praise may not necessarily be in jumping and shouting only. Remember Psalm 50:23 talks about ordering your conversation alright. Praise is an expression of faith in God , it is a deliberate decision of faith you make targeting your attention primarily towards God and not toward man. Praise assures you of the continued goodness of God. Often time some people sing and shout for the manifestation of what God has already done. Sincerely, many times you don’t feel like, due to circumstance and situations especially when you’re terribly challenged. I believe praise is a revelation you receive from the word of God through inductive study of the word. Praise affirm the supremacy and Lordship of God just loving Him for whom He is regardless of the situation you are in.Then He will show up because He has control over every day existence, those praise produce assurance of the fullness of the goodness of God.Let me share a short testimony of God’s healing upon my life in 2019. I was ill to the point I lost my consciousness. How can you praise Him in such situations? The first thing I remember when I regain my consciousness was He is my healer, Jehovah Rapha is His name. Halaluyah.

Amotsuka Caleb
      Participant

To address this question, it is important to have a right perspective to prayer. Prayer is not placing demands on God to make him do what He was previously unwilling to do. Rather, it is first aligning ourselves with God to understand His will and everything He has already done and provided for us in the finished works of Christ. With this understanding, we now make requests of God to manifest in our experience those realities that we have already received in the Spirit.
      This is why 1 John 5:14-15 says – Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.
      When we know God’s will, we will only want to ask what is in His will because His will if far greater than anything we can desire. This then gives us the confidence in prayer, knowing that our answered prayers are guaranteed.
      With this in mind, we can now see why it is very important to praise God even before we the answers manifest. Some reasons to do this are:
      1. It is an expression of faith and trust in God. We walk by faith and not by sight.
      Mark 11:24 says therefore, whatever things you ask, when you pray, believe that you have received them, and you will have them. When you receive the manifestation of your prayer in the physical, it most times brings joy and rejoicing because you can see it tangibly. Praising God before you see the manifestation shows that you believe that you have received what you have prayed for. We don’t praise God because we want to receive the answers to our prayers, rather we praise Him because we have already received them by faith. It is this faith action that then translates what is already real in the spirit realm to become a physical reality.
      When we rejoice for what has not yet become a physical reality, it is a demonstration of our faith in what we cannot yet see. This is why 1 Pet 1:8-9 says whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him yet, believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith – the salvation of your souls.
      2. Our praise keeps us focused on God and what He has promised.
      Sometimes, the manifestation of what we have asked for in prayer may take longer than we hoped for. In situations like this, it is easy to get weary and discouraged by the waiting season. Heb 13:12 says, hope deferred makes the heart sick. However, when we praise God, we begin to remind ourselves of His faithfulness to us in times past and this strengthens our heart and builds our faith.
      3. Our praise is a weapon.
      Psalm 149:6 says Let the high praises of God be in their mouth and a two-edged sword in their hand, to execute vengeance on the nations, and punishments on the peoples…
      God takes pleasure in our praise and when we praise Him, we align with God to establish His judgment on the earth against everything that tries to exalt itself against the knowledge of God.

Praise also keeps us walking in the light. Psalm 89:15 says Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound, they shall walk o Lord, in the light of your countenance. It is when we are in the light that we can see the light (the answers to our prayers). Psm 36:9
      Finally, it is with joy that we draw out of the wells of salvation. Isaiah 12:3. If we are not in a state of joy, we will not never see what God is doing, rather, we will be engrossed in what we think he has not done this will take us further away from receiving the end of our faith.

Soton Iselobhor
      Participant

The concept of Praise and Thanksgiving is part and parcel of life. It is inherent in each and every one of us. From the cheering crowd for the winning team, to the applause for an entertaining performance, and even to the default expression of gratitude for a gift received, we can all agree that “Praise” by default follows a deserving action.
      In this discuss however, we are considering the reverse which is praise before action or performance. Particularly, praising God for your answers before you see them. This kind of praise is one of the greatest expressions of faith in God.
      As believers, it is important for us to praise God for our answers before we see them for a number of reasons and some of them are discussed below:
      Praise shifts our focus from the problem to the solution. When we praise God long enough, we become numb to the problem. Our focus shifts from us to the object of our praise which is God, from pain to promise, and from hurt to hope. The bible tells us in Proverbs 23:7 that we are what we think about. For you to effectively praise God for an answer that you have not physically received, you have to imagine that answer long enough to express thanksgiving. This implies that the more we fix our minds on the answer, the more likely it is to become a tangibility.
      Flowing from the above, when we praise God before we see manifestations we magnify the power of God and the Word at work in our lives. This is faith and faith pleases God. The praise does not make Him able to solve it, but it makes us more confident in His ability to solve it. By this, our faith is built up and we are able to boldly declare “it is already done” because in fact God has done all that He needs to do. Like Romans 4:17 says, we begin to call forth those things as though they were as we express our gratitude to God like we already have our answers.
      Praise makes the waiting period easier. Like a chain reaction, we find that as our praise shifts our focus to the answers and builds our faith in God’s Word and ability, it automatically eliminates fear, doubt and worry. We find ourselves living in peace, joy and a confident assurance. The “waiting period” is therefore not a burdensome and gloomy time. This explains how someone who is trusting God for a certain manifestation, experiences the kind of peace that the bible describes as passing all understanding because that person has already begun to praise God even before the manifestation.
      Praising God for answers before they show up ushers the miraculous. I have heard some preachers say “when prayer does not work, try praise.” With the benefit of a better understanding of God’s Word, I know that they actually should be saying “pray differently” or change your type of prayer from requests to praise. This praise is able to trigger a miraculous manifestation of answered prayers. In Acts 16, Paul and Silas lifted up their voices in praise unto God while they were shackled in prison and suddenly there was an earthquake that led to their freedom and that of others imprisoned with them. In John 6:11 Jesus gave thanks and ended up feeding over 5000 people miraculously. One of the most thrilling miraculous manifestations emanating from praise is the crumbling of the walls of Jericho on the heels of bountiful praise to Jehovah God.
      God in His Word has shown us patterns and examples to learn from, teaching us to praise him as an act of faith for our answers even when we haven’t seen them physically manifest.

OnyemaChika
        Participant

Reply to Soton Iselobhor

I agree with you in this discussion however when we ask the question, why is it important for you to praise God for your answers before you see them?

This kind of praise is the highest expression of faith in believing in God.

Here praise which serves as a tool for faith in God, shifts our focus from the challenge to the answer. Faith in praising God for answered prayers before we see them is built up and we have more confidence in the ability of God that we have received what we ask for.

Another point that caught my attention is when you mention, praise making the waiting period easier. Praise moves our focus to the answers and manifestation of the power of God, which eliminates doubt and worry thence enjoying the peace that passes all understanding.

Praise is another weapon that triggers a miraculous show of answered prayer. In the case of Jehoshaphat in 2nd Chronicle 20 where the king organized a choir in front of the army that brought about supernatural change and victory for God’s people, and also Paul and Silas while in the prison, praised God before their manifestation came which is their ransom.

If we are engrossed with the problems of life, we rather move our focus of faith in God than not receive anything from God as the book of James said.

OnyemaChika
      Participant

Praise helps you remember who you are and who God is. Praise enlist God’s protection. When you praise God for answers to your prayers before you see them.
      It is important to praise God for your answers before you see them.
      1. PRAISE HELPS YOU SENSE GOD’S PRESENCE: God is always present whether you sense it or not. Sometimes we don’t feel his presence, but that’s because we have moved away from him. He has not. When you don’t feel God’s presence is when you need to praise Him the most. It is easier to act your way into a feeling than feel you way into an action. In fact, maturity is when we do what’s right whether we feel like or not. “Surely the righteous will praise your name, and the upright will live in your presence” Ps. 140:13.
      2. PRAISE ENLARGES YOUR PERCEPTION OF GOD: When we look at something with a magnifying glass, through praise it gets bigger. When God gets bigger, our problems get smaller. “I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.” Ps. 69:30.
      3. PRAISE HELPS US REMEMBER GOD’S BLESSING: Often when we are thinking about a big problem, it’s all we can thing about. E.g. when you have a fight with your spouse, it tends to become everything you think about. But praise will correct the imbalance. It will remind you that not everything in your life is bad. Ps. 105.
      4. PRAISE ENLIST GOD’S PROTECTION: When you praise God for an answer to your prayer before it happens, that’s faith and that’s when God begin to fight for you. 2 Chron. 20, we read about three enemy nations who ganged up on Israel. The only chance Israel had was for God to miraculously fight battle for them. So, King Jehoshaphat organised an unusual battle plan. He put a choir in front of the army as they marched into battle.
      5. PRAISE BREAKS CHAINS AND OPENS DOORS: You or your members probably have certain things holding you back you might feel struck, like nothing has changed in your life for the better. It sounds odd, but there in on better time for you to thank God than right now. The case of Paul and Silas in the prison, in the middle of the night, the two decided to have a praise session, as they praised God, the bible says. Act 16:26

Beulah
      Participant

Integrating the practice of praising God before receiving answers into daily life can transform our spiritual journey. Here are some practical steps to make this a consistent habit:

Daily Prayer: Start each day with a prayer of praise. Thank God for His goodness, His past blessings, and His faithfulness. This sets a positive tone for the day and focuses your mind on God’s sovereignty.

Scripture Meditation: Regularly meditate on scriptures that speak of God’s faithfulness and power. Verses like Psalm 34:1, “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth,” can remind you to maintain an attitude of praise.

Worship Music: Incorporate worship music into your daily routine. Songs of praise can lift your spirit and keep your focus on God, regardless of your circumstances. Singing praises, even in difficult times, can reinforce your trust in God’s provision.

Journaling: Keep a journal of prayers and praises. Write down your prayers and record how God answers them. This can help you see patterns of God’s faithfulness over time, reinforcing your faith and gratitude.

Community Worship: Engage in communal worship and prayer. Being part of a community that praises God together can strengthen your resolve and encourage you in your personal faith journey.

By making these practices a regular part of your life, you’ll find that praising God before seeing answers becomes a natural response. This will not only deepen your faith but also bring you closer to God, as you learn to trust Him more fully and appreciate His work in your life.

engremejnr
      Participant

@prettyruth Your post beautifully encapsulates the essence of faith and the power of praise. Here’s a reaction to your message:

Your affirmation that praising God is an act of faith in His promises and Word is profoundly insightful. By declaring that God’s promises are “yes and Amen,” you acknowledge the certainty and faithfulness of His Word. Believing that God has answered your prayers because they align with His will is a testament to your understanding of the scriptural assurance that God hears and responds to prayers made according to His will (1 John 5:14-15).

The idea of praising God even before seeing physical manifestations of answered prayers highlights a deep trust in God’s timing and methods. This perspective aligns with biblical teachings, such as those found in Hebrews 11:1, where faith is described as confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Your commitment to praise God hilariously, regardless of immediate circumstances, embodies a joyful and resilient faith that does not waver with external situations.

You emphasize the importance of praising God at all times, a principle rooted in scriptures like Psalm 34:1, which calls believers to bless the Lord at all times. This constant praise, irrespective of our moods or situations, cultivates a heart of worship and thanksgiving. Moreover, your view that praise is a form of ministering to the Lord underscores the relational aspect of worship, where praise is not just about receiving from God but also about giving Him the honor and glory He deserves.

Maintaining an attitude of praise while waiting for physical manifestations is a powerful way to remain joyful and strong. The joy of the Lord indeed becomes our strength (Nehemiah 8:10), and this joy is nurtured through continuous praise. By focusing on God’s goodness and faithfulness, praise helps keep us in remembrance of His unchanging nature and the certainty that His Word will never return void (Isaiah 55:11).

In conclusion, your post eloquently asserts that praising God before seeing answers is a profound expression of faith. It signifies trust in God’s promises and His faithfulness to His Word. This act of praise not only honors God but also strengthens and uplifts the believer, keeping them grounded in the assurance of God’s goodness and sovereignty. Your message serves as a powerful reminder that our praise is indeed an affirmation of our faith and the knowledge of God’s Word. Glory be to God for His faithfulness and the joy that comes from trusting in Him. Halleluyah!

Emmanuel
      Participant

Why is it important for you to praise God for your answers before you see them?

God never change, is a good God and will always be good.
      So as we praise we build our faith strong towards Him, of course not that we challenge him to do what He never loves to do, by praise we activate His salving grace to us ward. So praise facilitate the answer to our request so lets keep the praise on is our duty to our Father.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Select your currency