Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Evangelism and Follow Up Discussion Board 2 Reply To: Evangelism and Follow Up Discussion Board 2

engremejnr
Participant

MY RECENT EXPERIENCE IN SHARING THE GOSPEL IN SEPTEMBER By EME VICTOR NNAMDI

My name is Victor I stumbled into an argument about if it’s right to take alcohol or not amongst some good number of supposed believers and just two young men trying to clear their heads with a bottle of there favorite brand of beer.

I felt a calling to share the gospel with these young men but not under such circumstances in other to win their trust I took over the argument to support them with just one scripture (Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV) And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

With this, these unsuspecting supposed believers were thrown off there feet for a while then I said one word to them, “You claim to be christians and your core responsibility is to bring the message of reconciliation, hope and redemption and not condemnation. Please be guided”. I paid for these young men beer asked them where they were headed and offered them a ride offcourse with this action we were already friends and introduced ourselves to each other. Good luck and Hope were there names. one makes sharwama and the other Grill.

As our conversation unfolded, a warmth filled my car then I dropped a bomb shell saying I would have loved to have a taste of this your beer one day because I’ve not seen anywhere in the bible where it’s written that beer is bad but I’ve seen several places where it’s written that being drunk is bad and also various places that states taking or doing things in excess is wrong. Do you get drunk at anytime or do you take beer in excess at any time I asked? The silence was so grave and immediately I knew that was the moment I was waiting for. I gave them my story of redemption and few others. The stories of redemption resonated with their own desire for a renewed purpose and inner peace.

In that moment, I offered a simple prayer, Goodluck hesitated but Hope felt a stirring in his heart. The weight of doubt began to lift, making room for a newfound hope. With tears in his eyes, he embraced the transformative message of the gospel and chose to accept Christ into his life.

Seeds of belief were planted, and a journey of spiritual discovery had begun for both Hope and Goodluck, guided by the gentle compassion of a stranger turned friend who cared enough to share the transformative power of the gospel. Hope requested for my contact and promised to come visit my church that he’s pleased with his encounter with me today.

Firstly the important aspects of this conversation was from the lounge how I had to stand up for them not condemning them, showed them practical love and care trying to put myself in there shoes which resulted in gaining there trust and wining there friendship.

Finally I give glory to God they were able to make a decision and we’re responsive to the gospel. I believe if we show more love and less condemnation we would make more impact.

Select your currency