Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Prayer Basics Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Prayer Basics Discussion Board 1

Benny4real
Participant

These points are very relatable. But what caught my attention the most, was your third point which talks about shifting our focus from ourselves and the situation and putting it back on God. You talked about sensitivity; you said praise helps one stay watchful and keeps you in a sensitive or alert mood.
This is worthy of note because our sensitivity to the things of God shows our level of maturity in our Christian Walk. (Rom 8:14) It is very easy to forget and fix one’s gaze on all that is going on around you, it takes sensitivity and discipline to stay focused on God. What God has already said to you through His word, through your Pastor and even your brother or sister in Christ (RHEMA). As believers, we are all at different stages of our Christian Walk, but there’s one thing we know, we have a RHEMA word from God to carry us through these seasons, through these storms.
If we are not sensitive to the impulses of the Holy Spirit, we would easily miss out on the things God has for us. Some people go as far as saying, God, please give me a sign and then I will believe, Gideon for example (Judges 6:36-40).
God works miracles but He is no magician. The devil looks out for ways daily to distract us from the promises of God and put us in a circle of worrying and complaining. When we praise God, we do not give the enemy the opportunity to mess with us. When he expects us to worry, complain or cry, we are singing praises to God and dancing with joy in our hearts. This does not relate to others, but we believers know that we walk by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:17) The mature sons and daughters are moved by the impulses of the spirit and not the situations and circumstances surrounding them. When we develop an habit of praise, our sensitivity to the things of God are heightened.

Select your currency