Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Harmatology Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Harmatology Discussion Board 1

Emmanuel
Participant

Essay on Harmatiology

Question: One of the purposes of this course is to get a proper Biblical view of the study and the fact of sin. How will a proper understanding of this help you in your Christian walk? In your post state three facts about sin, and explain at least how proper understanding of one of them has impacted your Christian life positively.

Hematology comes from the Greek word hamartos meaning sin. Hamartiology, therefore, is the study of sin. From a biblical perspective, the study includes how sin was introduced into the world, how it impacts the world today, the solution to the sin problem of humanity, the judgment of sin, and the removal of sin at the end of time.

Before delving into the various aspects of sin, Hamartiology first works to provide a biblical definition of sin. In short, sin is defined as “missing the mark” of God’s righteousness, through transgression of His laws or rebellion against His rule. The Bible clearly states that all humans (except Jesus Christ as both human and divine) have sinned and fall short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23). While some people sin more than others, “there is no one righteous, not even one”.

Another important area of study is the sin nature. This is the question of original sin and whether every person is born a sinner. The Bible teaches this is the case: “Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned” (Romans 5:12). David acknowledged inborn sin, writing, “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me” (Psalm 51:5).

Hamartiology in the aspect of judgment for sin. All deserve judgment, yet Christ saves those who trust in Him for eternal life and forgiveness of sins (John 3:16). Believers who sin may be judged by the Lord, yet do not lose the free gift of salvation (Romans 8:37-39; Ephesians 2:8-9). Those who do not trust in Christ receive eternal punishment in the afterlife (Matthew 25:46; Thessalonians 1:9).

In the end, God will remove the curse and the existence of sin will end. Revelation 22:3 teaches, “No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him.”

Ultimately, sin separates people from God, yet God has provided access to Him and forgiveness of sin through His Son Jesus Christ. The solution to the human problem of sin is redemption through Christ (Romans 5:12-21; Romans 7:21-25; Colossians 2:13-15). Sin will continue to exist until the end, at which time judgment will occur (Revelation 21) and the curse of sin will be removed as God’s children experience eternal joy in the presence of the Lord.
Knowing all this facts about sin that one it is a disobedience from the rules of God two all men were born in sin and are cut short of the glory of God. Lastly salvation brought the forgiveness of sin leading to a total removal of sin bringing a sinless world. Therefore I love the last one which is that salvation accepting the finish work of Christ sin has no power on me.
These so much impacted my life because I have been on the prospect of Christians repenting and continual confection and getting born again and again which will certainly look foolish. It rightly means after salvation we may make mistakes but we have been saved from eternal condemnation is left for our father to correct us and realign to what we are expected to do as a loving father. Now I can boldly come to my father who love me and send his son to pay for my mistake am saved praise God.

Select your currency