Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Harmatology Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Harmatology Discussion Board 1

Wechie
Participant

REPLY TO RUTH
Knowledge is powerful; people perish for lack of knowledge. Like light knowledge illuminates’ one’s path. It impacts behavior. A poor or wrong knowledge can birth a wrong belief and practice.
3 Facts About Sin
1. Sin is lawlessness (1 John 3:4) or transgression of God’s will, either by omitting to do what God’s law requires or by doing what it forbids. The transgression can occur in thought (1 John 3:15), word (Matt 5:22), or deed (Rom 1:32).

2. Sin is a degeneracy from original good, not an original existence, creation, or generation; not by the Creator’s action, but by the creature’s defection (Eccl 7:29).

3. The Nature of sin is a state of our being that separates us from the holy God; biblically, sin is ultimately sin against God.

Sin is a degeneracy from original good, not an original existence, creation or generation; not by the creator’s action, but by the creature’s defection: this particular point has helped me personally in taking responsibility where sin is concerned rather than blaming God or even the devil.
I understand that God didn’t create man a sinner or with the nature of Sin, rather God gave man the gift of freewill. He didn’t want a relationship with a robot but with a being free to choose.
I am therefore fully responsible for what I decide to do with this freewill God gave me. It is up to me to choose God’s choice for me or do otherwise. Every day presents me with an opportunity to choose between pleasing God and pleasing self.
I recently had a conversation with someone who told me It was God who planned for man to sin. In his defense Eve couldn’t have eaten of the tree God asked her not to eat of, If God didn’t put the tree there. This therefore makes God responsible for man’s sin.
In other words, for every time man gets tempted and falls into sin, God is responsible. This friend believes that God should remove anything capable of tempting man to fall into sin away from man’s path. How Convenient; is it really a relationship if every responsibility is stripped off man? A typical example of what a wrong knowledge can do to a person.
I Understood even better from this course that Adam’s disobedience was a willful choice. It had nothing to do with God. I know this because the Man Jesus; the second Adam was also tempted just like the first Adam but choose the path of obedience.
Romans 5:12-14.
For everytime I am faced with a temptation, God is not responsible.
God has not only given me the freewill to choose, he has also graced me to overcome any temptation.
James 1:13, 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Select your currency