CHIKA CONSTANCE ONYEMA
Before I go on to answer this question, there is a need to define Renewal of mind as the process where we take the word of God, put it in our mind, and then allow it to grow in our Spirit.
A believer is a spirit, he’s not part spirit, and He’s a spirit being. He has a soul – mind, will and emotions – and he lives in a body. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrew 4:12
Believers must learn how to let the man- the spirit man on the inside – dominate their soul and body. That will solve many problems in the body as far as the devil is concerned. As believers let their recreated spirits dominate, they will learn how not to give the devil any access.
You need to understand that it’s not the outward man that becomes a new creature it is the inward man – Man’s spirit that becomes a new creature in Christ because all things have not become new in your body and soul. That means you still have your outward man to deal with because as long as you are in your body, you will have the desires of the fleshly carnal nature and the unredeemed soul to control, and that is the realm where Satan tries to gain access to man.
Developing your character by renewing of mind is as follows;
1) Through spending time with the Lord in studying the word of God ‘’ Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.’’ Psalm 119:9. ‘’ Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. ‘’John15:3
2) Through meditating on the word of God and the eternal things which is the primary source. “This book of the law shall not depart out from your mouth, but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success”. Joshua 1:8
3) In developing character through renewing of your mind by praying daily because in praying God leads and directs us in our paths, ’ For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ’’. 2corinthians 4:16
4) By intentionally choosing a godly character trait. ‘Now we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.’’ Romans6:4. ‘’21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness Ephesians 4:21-24
5) Another is by worship and praise – A believer can constantly renew his mind by praising God always so as not to allow the rubbish of the enemy to get to him easily.