Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Christian Character Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Christian Character Discussion Board 1

saysay
Participant

CHRISTIAN CHARACTER – CC (105 – LC) > IMPORTANCE OF CHRISTIAN CHARACTER
CHRISTIAN CHARACTER GROUP DISCUSSION 1.
“Good works that stem out of a relationship with Christ Jesus are witnesses for Jesus.” Bearing in mind that we are not saved by good works (Ephesians 2: 8–9), give validity to this statement or state otherwise.

Before we go into the subject matter, let’s try to get the meaning of “good works,” and “stem.”
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF GOOD WORKS? Good works are those actions we display or portray that are good. It also means exhibiting good behavior.
MEANING OF STEM (OXFORD DICTIONARY): Stem is the main long, thin part of a plant above the ground from which the flower leaves grow. John 15:5 (NKJV), “I am the vine, and you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in Him, bears much fruits; for without me you can do nothing.”
We can now say that good works are good and done for God’s glory. They are good because they honor God and are directed towards loving people. But where are these good works emanating from? It is from God our Father. His character is to do good. As partakers, we exhibit God’s character because we are like our father-God. We have the nature of God.
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? Through impartation. God imparted us with His character. This impartation occurred at the new birth (when we were born again). God poured His entire self or entire being into us. As such He deposited His qualities (the act of doing Good) in us. 1 Corinthians 6:17 (NKJV). “But he who is joined to the Lord is one with Him.
This impartation is not enough. For example, when a child is born, he or she will have the features of either of the parents or both parents, but that is not enough to make the child behave like his or her parents, he or she must observe, and practice, that is go through the necessary processes before he or she can produce some or all of the attributes of the parent(s). As Christians bearing the image of God, we need to develop that character God has imparted to us. As you stay in the Word (take heed of the Word, stick with the commandments, and hide the Word in your heart. Joshua 1:8 (NKJV) says,
“This book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do (good works) according to all that is written in it.” There is a moment of study (observe) and a moment of action (do).
Doing good works is developed or needs to be developed. John 5:19 (AMP) says, “So Jesus answered them by saying, “I assure you and most solemnly say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself [of His own accord] unless it is something he sees the Father doing; for whatever things the Father does, the son [in His turn] also does in the same way.” Good works are avenues to minister the gospel; For example, doing volunteer work for an individual or organization, helping someone through school, and using your talent to help someone grow. Acts 10:38 says Jesus went about doing good, healing the sick………… this goes to tell us that doing good is a continuous act. That is why it is good work(s)—gotten from Christ based on the relationship we have with Him.
However, good works are not what got you saved but good works are the manifestations of your salvation all by grace. (Ephesians 2: 8-9).

Select your currency