Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Christian Character Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Christian Character Discussion Board 1

obiamonu
Participant

When you say that “Works refer to the outer demonstration or manifestation of inner or unseen realities”. I totally agree with you, you know the bible says in the book of Romans 6:16,” Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness? Having said this, we can say, that our actions and attitudes or character are directly proportionate to the one whom we yield ourselves to. Paul goes on further to say in verses 22-23,” But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. From this, we can rightly say that the born-again believer has been set free from sin to produce good works that glorify our Father.
God at the new birth imparted his character into the recreated human spirit of the born-again believer, so that he could do the work of the ministry. what are these fruits? Galatians 5;22-23 names them as love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. As we grow in God’s nature, we become lights in a dark and perverse world. ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭said;‬ Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬
Our character which should mirror Christ’s must come from the root, the benchmark, which is the character of God. That is the reason Jesus said in John 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

Select your currency