Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Christian Character Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Christian Character Discussion Board 1

Benny4real
Participant

Name: Owhondah Ugochi Benedicta
Course Title: Christian Character
Anchor: Pastor Nkechi Ene (Mrs)
Good works that stem out of a relationship with Christ Jesus are witnesses for Jesus.” Bearing in mind that we are not saved by good works (Ephesians. 2:8-9), give validity to this statement or state otherwise.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 2:9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Firstly what does it mean to witness?
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, To witness is to bear witness : TESTIFY to bear witness to one’s religious convictions
According to the Oxford English Dictionary To witness is to present personal religious testimony; to preach at (someone) or on behalf of. It also means Attestation of a fact or event; testimony.
From the definitions above, The word testify is used as a synonym for the word witness. This is to say that we are witnesses to Christ. Therefore our good works that stem out of a relationship with Christ show forth the life of Christ in us yet, it is not our works that are witnesses for Jesus Christ. It is the Holy spirit in us that is a witness for Christ Jesus. We are witnesses “to” Christ Jesus.
The next verse of Ephesians 2 which is Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. These good works were prepared beforehand, all we need to do is walk in them. We don’t work out our salvation by our strength. We are His workmanship in Christ Jesus already complete in Him.
Acts 1:8 says” But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
When we realize that it is Christ who works in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure, then we know that we are always a work in progress. These good works have been attained by Grace, the Holy Spirit and Christ’s finished work.
We are witnesses to our faith in Jesus Christ . John 15:26-27
26“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
27And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.
We testify of Christ and our faith in Him.

Select your currency