Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Evangelism and Follow Up Discussion Board 2 Reply To: Evangelism and Follow Up Discussion Board 2

obiamonu
Participant

MY FINAL ANSWER
Evangelism is derived from the Greek word euaggelion, Strong’s dictionary #2099 meaning “gospel” or “good news”. Evangelism is carrying the good news from one place to another, from one person to another person.it is good news from a loving father to a lost world. so, evangelism is a concerted self-conscious effort to confront the unbeliever with the truth about and claims of Christ with a view to leading the unbeliever to repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
I made up my mind to deliberately preach the gospel as many times as I can within a week and at any and every opportunity I have. This I have been doing for a while now with the help of the Holy Spirit, recently, I had the opportunity to preach to a young trainee in my company, by the name Matthew, who came from Lagos and had never visited port Harcourt before. I walked up to him, introduced myself and asked him if he had some time to spare during lunch break, I would love to chat with him. He obliged. We discussed and chatted about life in general, his Job and family. As he relaxed and discussed with me, I gently stirred the conversation to his relationship with God. He told me outrightly that he wasn’t born again he didn’t want to have anything to do with Jesus because he felt that life with God and the whole “Jesus’ thing” was boring. He confided in me that his mum was a believer and that was enough. Honestly at this point, I was praying in my heart for the Holy Spirit to give me the right words for him. I said to him looking directly into his eyes, “God loves you”, I called his name, and I said it repeatedly to him, Matthew, God loves you very much! At this point I knew I had his full attention. I shared John 3:16(NKJV), “For God so loved the world (Matthew) that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever (Matthew) believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”. Jesus Christ came to seek and safe that which was lost. I told him that he was important to God and if not, God wouldn’t have created him in the first place, I told him he was created for a purpose unique to him and him alone and running away from God is likened to running away from his destiny. We looked into the Book of Ephesians 2:10(NKJV). For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Rev 4:11(NKJV) “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
We were created for Gods pleasure but Adam disobeyed God’s instructions and by one mans disobedience sin and death passed unto men. Romans 3:23(NKJV). We read Romans 5:12(NKJV). Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so, death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. I explained to him the reason why he did not want to have anything to do with God and with Jesus was because he had not made peace with God, and by refusing to repent and be reconciled to God through Jesus he was making a decision for eternal condemnation. John 3:17,18(NKJV) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
We read the book of 1 Corinthians 2:14(NKJV),” But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. and Romans 8:5-10(NKJV). For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So, then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. I said to him, your enemy the devil doesn’t want you to know your heritage in God, he wants you in hell where he belongs, but Jesus came to give us life and he wants us to live life more abundantly. John 10:10(NKJV)
At this point, I asked him if he wanted to repent and ask God for forgiveness, he said yes and asked me what he should do, I replied by asking him to say the sinners’ prayers and to tell God he was sorry for his rebellious attitude. We prayed together and he accepted Jesus into his life.
My testimony here is this, while we were talking his mum called but he told her he would call her back soon, he then told me that his mum had been praying for him to repent and that today is a great day! Oh my God! I was overwhelmed with Joy and gratitude to God for using me to bring his son Matthew back home. After we finished, he called his mother and in his Yoruba language was telling her, that her prayers had gotten answered, he then said I am BORN AGAIN now!!! Hallelujah!
Jesus’s commands us in the book of Matthew 28:19-20(NKJV). “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen”. What I would have done differently if Matthew and rejected Jesus Christ is to obey Jesus’s command and trust the Holy Spirit to the do the convicting of his heart having done my own part. The love of God is the strongest witnessing tool one can ever hope to have, it is the strongest tool for witnessing and I keep reminding myself that I am not alone when I witness for Jesus, therefore I will never argue with him but believe that the Word of God is a seed that has been planted in Matthew’s heart which one day will germinate and yield increase in the form of repentance.1 Corinthians 3:6-11(NKJV) I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth anything, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
I will also never cease to pray for him. Thankfully he is a colleague in my workplace, therefore I will always be in the look out for him.

Select your currency