Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Christology Group Discussion 1 Reply To: Christology Group Discussion 1

Wechie
Participant

ANSWER
Further evidence of his mission and special relationship with God.
John 2;16,19,21-22
Jesus in verse 16 referred to the temple in Jerusalem where he met people buying as selling as ‘’His Father’s ‘’ house. The temple is a place where the Jews met to worship God, in order words it’s the temple of God, but Jesus referred to it as “His Father’s house” Recall that we earlier established that He had a special relationship with God. He was the first to lay claim to God as his father, hence this verse corroborates or further gives evidence to this special relationship.
When Jesus made the statement, his disciples caught on and recalled psalms 69: 9; The zeal of thine house has consumed me.
In verse 18 of the John 2 the Jewish religious leader challenged Jesus, inquiring what authority he had to do what he had just done and what sign he would show to prove it. Jesus’ response further gives evidence to his deity.
In verse 19 He said Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up.
Now the scripture didn’t leave us guessing what he meant rather in verses 21 and 22 of John 2 we see that he was referring to His death burial and resurrection which calls to mind his special mission as earlier mentioned.

John 14 :13-14
He claimed to have power to answer prayers;
Here Jesus first said prayers should be made in His name and then goes further to claim that he himself will do whatever is asked in His name. When we pray in Jesus name we acknowledge his deity. We pray in his authority.
Prayers are to be made in his name.
John 15 :16: Whatever we ask the father in Jesus Name we are assured of receiving.
When we pray in Jesus name we are praying for things in alignment to God’s will. We are praying to God on the basis of what Jesus has done, hence are assured of receiving the answers to our prayers.
1 John 5: 14-15 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
See also John 16:23-24

Further evidence of his origin
John 6:38 – For I came down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of him that sent me.
John 3:31

Select your currency