Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Christology Group Discussion 1 Reply To: Christology Group Discussion 1

Soton Iselobhor
Participant

John 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him”.
John, having established that Jesus existed at the beginning as the Word, and was God, further presents Jesus here as the Creator who had come into the world He created. The Creator of anything must necessarily exist before the creation thus pointing to the divine nature or deity of Jesus.
Secondly, the world did not recognize or better still, could not comprehend all that He was. His divinity which includes His role as Creator, can only be comprehended supernaturally- 1 Corinthians 2:14
John 6:33 – “For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
Jesus presents Himself here as the Bread from heaven which gives life to world, thus revealing three things that point to His deity namely:
Identity as “Bread”; giving nourishment.
Originating from Heaven; of a divine Nature
Ability as the Giver of divine life.
John 17:24 – “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.”
In this beautiful scripture, while Jesus was praying for the saints, He revealed his deity as the first begotten Son of God. He called God “Father” at a time when the Fatherhood of God was not known to man. He prayed for others to become sons as He is, to be able to behold His glory. He went further to proclaim that the Father loved Him before the foundation of the World, which buttresses the fact of His existence in the Trinity, before time began – John 8:58
John 10:18 – “No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.”
Jesus speaks of His ability to lay His Life down and take it again. This brings resurrection power to mind. It is interesting that while we have the picture of God the Father being the one who raised His Son, the Son Jesus here, states that He possesses that same resurrection power. This goes to show that God the Father and God the Son are one indeed having the same powers and abilities.

Select your currency