Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Christology Group Discussion 1 Reply To: Christology Group Discussion 1

femionas
Participant

John 6:35.
Jesus Christ said he is the bread of life and that whoever comes to him shall not hunger and whoever believes in him shall never thirst again. As the bread of life, this means that Jesus nourishes people, spiritually and he also satisfies the deep spiritual longings of their souls. This also means that, those that come to Jesus Christ, and put their trust in him, will not hunger . And their spiritual longing to know God will be satisfied.
John 8:56-59
Jesus Christ told the Jews “Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day, he saw it and was glad”. In this verse, Jesus claimed to be alife before Abraham, that was over 2.000 years earlier. Jesus Christ said, before Abraham, I AM, using present tense. He also claimed be the God, that appeared to Moses in the burning bush.
John 10: 25 -33.
When the Jew’s came to ask Jesus to tell them plainly who he actually is, he said to them, “ I told you, and you do not believe, the works that I do in my father’s name bear witness about me. But you do not believe because you are not amongst my sheep”. Because a sheep should hear the voice if his shepherd. Jesus Christ further said “my sheep hear my my voice, and I know them and they follow me. And I give unto them eternal life: and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them our of my Father’s hand. If you believe in Jesus Christ, you should not doubt his ability to do what he says he will do. But the Jews always sees him as blaspheming and always looking for opportunity to stone him every time he emphasizes the fact that, he and the father are one.
John 14; 6 -11
Jesus said to him “ I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me if you had known me you would have known my Father also From now on you do know him and have seen him” Jesus is the only way to the father. Jesus alone fulfils the promises of life given by God and so he is able to confer eternal life to all those who believe in him.
Moreso, in verse 8 Philip said “Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us”. Philip apparently asks for some sort of appearances by God. But Jesus made an assertion that those who have seen him have seen the Father…this is a clear claim of deity.

Select your currency