Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Servanthood Discussion 1 Reply To: Servanthood Discussion 1

saysay
Participant

MY REPLY TO:
HOW CAN A LEADER WHO HAS GROWN IN THE RANKS IN CHURCH OR AN ORGANIZATION STILL BE ABLE TO SERVE?
From what I glean from your exceptional write-up is that leadership is all about giving. It’s not a position of authority where you want to be served. It shows that leadership gives to the work involved because leadership is work itself. You buttress your points with Mathew 20:25-28. Where two sides of leadership were expressed.
Verse 25 showed where the rulers of the gentiles Lord it over their subject, this is not servanthood but Jesus countered it, in the next two verses where He said, “Whoever desire to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave.” Service is for growth. To be great, one is expected to serve. You said, “Faithfulness in one level of service should be re-echoed in the next level of service as you rightly pointed out in Luke16:10-13.” To my understanding, service is generational. It grows from one generation to another. It is meant to be contagious. Hence, when Jesus washed the feet of His disciples, He gave them an instruction, that they should do the same to one another. That goes to say that servanthood is unending.
In conclusion: Servanthood is for all who have chosen to serve. So, a leader who has grown to a certain rank or position is a servant. It is not a class thing, it’s rather a rank that leads to promotion.

Select your currency