Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Servanthood Discussion 1 Reply To: Servanthood Discussion 1

saysay
Participant

SERVANTHOOD (103 – LC)
LESSON 1& 2 – QUIZ
QUESTION 1.
True service is unrelated to your state of birth, it is rather a deliberate choice you make to serve. From what you learned in this lesson; compare and contrast the service rendered by Rebekah to Abraham’s servants and Joseph to Potiphar in Egypt.

One of the definitions of service is the act or mode of service. They both served but their services are not quite the same. One was divine opportunity while the other service was subjective. Let’s see how they played in Rebekah and Joseph’s services.

REBEKAH: GENESIS 24:14 -19
14. Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, ‘Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,’and says, ‘Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink’ – let her be the one you have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.” 15. And it happened, before he had finished speaking, that behold, Rebekah, who was born of Bethuel, son of Milcah the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, came out with her pitcher on her shoulder. 16 Now the young woman was very beautiful to behold, a virgin; no man had known her. And she went down to the well, filled her pitcher, and came up. 17 And the servant ran to meet her and said, “Please let me drink a little water from your pitcher.” 18 So she said, “Drink, my Lord.” Then she quikly let her pitcher down to her hand, and gave him a drink. 19 And when she finished giving him a drink, se said, “I will draw water for your camel also, until they have finished drinking.”
Here we see that Rebekah chose to serve. She saw a divine opportunity and dived into it. Remember she was sent on an errand to get water for the home, and probably there was no water to cook at that time, she did not tell Abraham’s servant, “Sir let me go and drop this for my mum she is cooking. I will come back quickly to give you water and even take care of your camel. No, she saw an opportunity to serve and step into it immediately. Rebekah was sensitive to the need at the time.

JOSEPH: GENESIS 39: 1- 4
1 Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. And Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him down there. 2 The Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. 3 And his master saw that the Lord was with him and the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand. 4 So Joseph found favor in his sight, and served him.
According to this scripture, Joseph served. It was clear that he was loyal, humble, and dedicated in the service he rendered to his master. His attitude was right. His mindset, I am sure was not a slave mindset as he rendered his service. Despite all of these attributes, we are safe to say that his service was not a divine opportunity, it was the position he found himself but he made a choice to serve, tracing back to his family, service brought to where he found himself. He did not stop because of his present position, he continued in the serve.

Select your currency