Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums The Art Of Music Ministry I 207-L Discussion Board 1 Reply To: The Art Of Music Ministry I 207-L Discussion Board 1

EdenSage
Participant

Spot on!

Your response is concise yet gives an in-depth perspective on the topic.
In supporting your position, you have smoothly tied your answer to the lesson notes by outlining some of the uses of music as we were taught and I agree.

Heavy metal genre of music does not stir up the joy of the Lord within us neither does it glorify God. As you have stated, the spirit behind this kind of music excites the flesh and further (I should add), it spotlights the performers skill. In other words, it glorifies man. God created man for his (God’s) glory (Isa 43:7) and we are instructed to do everything for the glory of God (1 Cor 10:31). We are to mortify the deeds of the flesh if we must experience life (Rom 8:13). Clearly this kind of music is in disobedience to that instruction.

In your concluding statement you pointed out the element of creativity in our worship and praise to God and how this creativity is as a result of revelation (light, a deeper knowledge of God, Eph 1). This is so true. We are creative beings but it is important that believers constantly keep in view the source of their creativity. Outside of God (who is Love), we become clanging cymbals and distorted in our sound (pun intended).

Select your currency