Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Angelology Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Angelology Discussion Board 1

femionas
Participant

WHAT ROLES DID ANGELS PLAY IN THE LIFE OF THE EARLY CHURCH AS SEEN IN THE BOOK OF THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES?

Angels are the messengers of God, They played a significant role in the life of the early church as seen below:
• Angels provide Protection and Deliverance to the Apostles.
In Acts of the Apostles 5:19 -20 “But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said, 20 “Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life.” NKJV. That night, an angel intervened to protect the apostles and set them free.

• Acts 10: 1 – 3 There was a man named Cornelius who lived in Caesarea. A devout man who feared God with all his household. An Angel came to him as an answer to his prayers. The Angel instructed him to send for Simon Peter who would tell him the message of Jesus Christ.

• Acts 12:11 “11 And when Peter had come to himself, he said, “Now I know for certain that the Lord has sent His angel, and has delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all the expectation of the Jewish people.” An Angle helped to get Apostle Peter out of jail.

• Acts 27:23 – 26. An Angel encouraged Apostle Paul when he faced a storm on his way to Rome. “23 For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 24 saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.’ 25 Therefore take heart, men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me. 26 However, we must run aground on a certain island.”

• Acts 12:23 NKJV. “Then immediately an angel of the Lord struck him because he did not give glory to God. And he was eaten by worms and died”. The evil and wicked king Herod was killed by an Angel, because he did not give glory to God, and so the angel struck him dead.

• Acts 8:26- 28 NKJV. An Angel appeared to Philip and directed him toward the Ethiopian eunuch Now an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip, saying, “Arise and go toward the south along the road which goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza. This is desert. 27 So he arose and went. And behold, a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace the queen of the Ethiopians, who had charge of all her treasury, and had come to Jerusalem to worship”

Select your currency