Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Anthropology Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Anthropology Discussion Board 1

Wechie
Participant

Interesting to read that we have same inclination on the origin of man ;
I agree with this view(Traducianism) based on the following Support:
• In Genesis 2:7, God breathed the breath of life into Adam, causing Adam to become a “living soul.” Scripture nowhere records God performing this action again.
• Adam had a son in his own likeness (Genesis 5:3). Adam’s descendants seem to be “living souls” without God breathing into them.
• Genesis 2:2-3 seems to indicate that God ceased His creative work.
• Adam’s sin affects all men—both physically and spiritually—this makes sense if the body and soul both come from the parents. connected.

God was done creating and had set a system of procreation; we see the same principle in Genesis 1:11-13
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.

John MacArthur said this in support of the traducian theory:
“While it is true that several verses speak of God making a person’s soul or spirit, that is also true for the body. David stated, “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.… My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth” (Ps. 139:13, 15). These statements do not mean that the body is created directly by God apart from natural procreation. God is man’s Creator, but God also ordained human procreation for the filling of the earth (Gen. 1:28). God uses natural means for procreation, yet he is the Ultimate Cause of the process. As a complex unity of body and soul/spirit, our entire being, including the soul, is a result of the God-ordained procreation process.”

Select your currency