Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Pneumatology Discussion Board 1 Reply To: Pneumatology Discussion Board 1

Wechie
Participant

5 PEOPLE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHO WERE INSPIRED BY THE HOLY-SPIRIT AND WHAT HE ENABLED THEM ACHIEVE

1. Moses.

I: In the Writing of the First 5 books of the Bible; Genesis – Deuteronomy.
knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:20-21
‘All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness’ 2 Timothy 3:16.
Holy spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. They didn’t speak of their own accord. They were inspired by the Holy Spirit
Scriptures were first spoken before it was written. They were inspired to be written.
They were written for our learning. Romans 15:4
Moses wrote the first books of the Bible referred to as the Law.
The Law and the Prophets makes up the Old Testament.
‘And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself’. Luke 24:27.
Beginning at Moses would refer to the Books of the Bible written by Moses.
See also Exodus 17:14, Numbers 33:1-2, John 5;46-47, Romans 10:4.

2. Daniel
There is a man in your kingdom in whom is the Spirit of the Holy God. And in the days of your father, light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, were found in him; and King Nebuchadnezzar your father—your father the king—made him chief of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers. 12Inasmuch as an excellent spirit, knowledge, understanding, interpreting dreams, solving riddles, and explaining enigmas were found in this Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar, now let Daniel be called, and he will give the interpretation.” Daniel 5:11-12
The Holy Spirit’s hand on Daniel caused Daniel to become an agent of change in the secular world by making him stand out amongst His peers. It also brought him recognition by those in authority. Daniel was an example of someone who brought the influence of the Kingdom to his sphere by simply positioning himself to receive from God; to be used by God. Daniel 1:8.
He was a clear proof we don’t need the pulpit to effect a change.
The Holy Spirit was Daniel’s advantage.
See also Daniel 5;14.

3. Saul
Was set apart for Leadership. He received an enablement to lead the people.

Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head and kissed him and said, “Has not the LORD anointed you to be prince over his people Israel? And you shall reign over the people of the LORD and you will save them from the hand of their surrounding enemies. And this shall be the sign to you that the LORD has anointed you to be prince over his heritage. 1 Samuel 10:1

4. David
i. The Holy Spirt came upon David to set him apart for Leadership, ; He empowered Him to carry out the task required of a King

So, he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with bright eyes, and good-looking. And the Lord said, “Arise, anoint him; for this is the one!” 13Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So, Samuel arose and went to Ramah. 1 Samuel 16:12-13

ii. In the Writing of Scriptures (Psalms)
2 Samuel 23:1-7, Mark 12:36
David wrote the book of Psalm; He prophesied of things to come.
David himself, in the Holy Spirit, declared, “‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet.”’ Mark 12:36

5. Elisha
i. The Holy Spirit inspired Elisha to Prophesy of what is to come; Ezekiel 2Kings 3 :12-15
ii. He multiplied the Widows Oil and raises her Son from the dead 2Kings 4:1-7,18-37
iii. He ended a famine in Israel 2 Kings 7

Select your currency