Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Evangelism and Follow Up Group Discussion 1 Reply To: Evangelism and Follow Up Group Discussion 1

obiamonu
Participant

I agree with you Caleb, when you say evangelism is not charitable works, but it can be used to enhance the spreading and sharing of the gospel. The bible mentions that Jesus fed the five thousand with 5 loaves and 2 fish. Mark 6:30-44{NKJV}, Matthew 14:13-21{NKJV}. It says that Jesus was moved with compassion for them, He taught and fed them. Jesus is an example of what evangelism should be like. We can say that evangelism should focus on the preaching, announcing or otherwise communicating the gospel, our salvation.

I remember when my campus fellowship took us all on an evangelical mission to one of the villages in Abakaliki, Ebonyi state, I wondered how we were going to be able to communicate effectively with the villagers who were mostly illiterates. Our leader then asked us to offer acts of service to the villagers. We went to farm with them, washed their clothes, swept, and kept their compounds neat and clean. By the time we launched out to preach the word of God, and invited them for our crusade, they all came out to hear what we had to say. Many of them gave their lives to Jesus Christ. We recorded a huge success.
Your third point notes that many churches attribute holiness to mode of dressing.
Jesus is our righteousness.1 Corinthians 1:30{NKJV} we do not become righteous by the things we do or don’t do; the bible says that our own righteousness is like filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6

Select your currency