Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Evangelism and Follow Up Group Discussion 1 Reply To: Evangelism and Follow Up Group Discussion 1

Florence Oribhabor
Participant

Florence Oribhabor replied Obiamonu

Truly, there are so many things done by today ‘s contemporary churches
Evangelism is not the marketing of the contemporary churchesthat is not evangelism.

Invitation to church service and programs is not evangelism. Evangelism is a concerted self-conscious effort to confront the unbeliever with the truth about and claims of Christ with a view to leading that unbeliever to repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus. Many contemporary churches view invitations to services as a form of modern-day evangelism. Evangelism is aimed at sharing the good news of Jesus to a dying world. Jesus gave us the great commission,” Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel”. Matthew
Matthew 28:18-20
[18]And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
[19]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
[20]teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Mark 16:15-18{NKJV}. The book of Luke 24:47-49{NKJV} says that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations. John 20:1{NKJV}, And Jesus said to them, Peace be unto you, as my father hath sent me so I send you. What changes people’s lives is the gospel, and that’s what we need to be actively sharing.

2. Evangelism does not begin from a position of authority. But evangelism is a command from our God to believer to go into the world and preach the gospel to all

Many local churches go about evangelizing to others as though those unsaved ones are less than them. They engage in evangelism with a superior mindset and attitude. They confront and condemn the unbeliever in a negative way instead of preaching the message of salvation, which is the message of love . John 3:16
[16]For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Select your currency