Home V3 (LearnDash) Forums Evangelism and Follow Up Group Discussion 1 Reply To: Evangelism and Follow Up Group Discussion 1

obiamonu
Participant

1.Evangelism is not the marketing of the contemporary churches.
Invitation to church service and programs is not evangelism. its ok to invite people to come along to your church but this not evangelism. Evangelism is a concerted self-conscious effort to confront the unbeliever with the truth about and claims of Christ with a view to leading that unbeliever to repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus. Many contemporary churches view invitations to services as a form of modern-day evangelism. Evangelism is aimed at sharing the good news of Jesus to a dying world. Jesus gave us the great commission,” Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel”. Matthew 28:18-20{NKJV}. Mark 16:15-18{NKJV}. The book of Luke 24:47-49{NKJV} says that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations. John 20:1{NKJV}, And Jesus said to them, Peace be unto you, as my father hath sent me so I send you. What changes people’s lives is the gospel, and that’s what we need to be actively sharing.

2.Evangelism does not begin from a position of authority.
Many local churches go about evangelizing to others as though those unsaved ones are less than them. They engage in evangelism with a superiority mindset and attitude. They confront and condemn the unbeliever in a negative way. We go to others because we have received and we are commissioned to go, not because of any merit or status of our own. We are to show them that there’s a better life style. The lifestyle of Jesus. We are not to condemn anyone. The bible says where sin abounds grace much more abounds Romans 5:20{NKJV}
3.Evangelism is not an opportunity for self-aggrandizement.
Jesus Christ showed us how evangelism should be done. Evangelism is not just our task. It is the very essence of the church. Jesus is the bridge between humanity and God Almighty. Evangelism runs on the core focus of Christ’s Ministry. Jesus says, I am the way, I am the truth and I am the life no man cometh unto the father but by me. (John 14:6NKJV) It is not for self-aggrandizement. Many contemporary churches go about airing on television their achievements, what they have accomplished so far in their evangelical ministry with the aim of showing off themselves, not portraying Christ whom thy claim they serve. Whatever we do the purpose must be geared towards evangelism.

Select your currency